I will be running social skills training for primary school, children in the second semester. The programme, which was developed for children with attentional difficulties, will consist of sixteen 45-minute sessions over two school terms.
Children will be taught the following skills:
• meet people, be friendly and hold a conversation
• give compliments and show care
• seek attention in constructive ways
• understand their own feelings
• ‘read’ the feelings of others
• take turns, be calmer under pressure, handle loss and disappointment with
• deal with worry
• thoughtfully respond to rejection and bullying
• always apply positive thinking to fix problems
• cope more resiliently with the inevitable emotional highs and lows that life
Places are strictly limited.
Please contact Michele for further information on: 0411 067 541, or 6142-9456
Dr Michele Toner (BA, HDipEd, MSpEd, PhD) has been working with families dealing with ADHD for over 10 years. In addition to her practical experience, Michele also has a solid research background. Her Masters and PhD research theses both explored the lives of people with ADHD. She is passionate about helping people of all ages with ADHD to achieve their potential.